Use the next visits panel
The Next Visits panel displays a patient's upcoming and unscheduled appointments on their Patient Dashboard.
You can interact with appointments in this panel as if you were in Scheduling. You can update appointment statuses, view appointment summaries, and edit appointment details.
You can also use the Next Visits panel menu to:
- Create an unscheduled appointment for the patient.
- Search availability and create an appointment.
- To learn more, see Search upcoming availability.
Create an unscheduled appointment
An unscheduled appointment is an appointment you create with all the details except a firm date.
You or a colleague can schedule the appointment later after confirming the best date and time.
- Select in the top right corner of the Next Visits panel
- Select Create Unscheduled Appointment
- Fill out the appointment type, clinic, and any comments, providers, or resources you want to include
- Optional: Set a Recommended Date if you have an idea when you would like this appointment to be scheduled
- Select Save
The new unscheduled appointment appears in the patient's Next Visits panel and in the clipboard, ready to be scheduled.