When you cancel an appointment it is removed from the schedule grid and you can decide:
- What the cancellation reason was
- If the patient deserves a strike on their record
- If you want to create a new unscheduled appointment for them
A record of a patient's cancelled appointments is available under Patient > Patient Management > Scheduling
- Update the appointment's status to Cancelled or Did Not Show or Left After Check-In
- Select a Cancellation Reason
- Confirm whether the cancellation will count as a strike
- Confirm whether you want to create a new unscheduled appointment for the patient.
- The unscheduled appointment will use the same appointment type and clinic. Unscheduled appointments are available from the Patient Next Visits panel and Clipboard.
- Add any comments
- Select Save
Overriding the strike limit
Patients with the maximum number of allowable strikes cannot be scheduled. To create an appointment for a patient that has reached the allowable number of strikes, you will have to override their strike limit.
- Go to Patient > Patient Management > Scheduling
- Select Override Strike Limit
- Increase the number of Allowable Strikes
- Changes are saved automatically
- Return to Scheduling and create an appointment for the patient