The medical support system provides health care professionals quick and easy access to up-to-date essential medical information needed to provide safe and appropriate patient care.
The Medical Support homepage is organized into the following categories:
- Medical Disorders summarizes the etiology, signs and symptoms of, and treatment for health conditions
- Oral Health Care Considerations reviews the oral health care considerations of health conditions
- Medical Emergencies provides preparedness and common actions
- Guidelines provides instructions for treating patients with certain conditions
- Additional Information offers links to information on medications, evidence-based dentistry resources, publications, and medical resources
- Images provides visuals of conditions related to oral health
- Medical History patient info obtained by a clinic by asking specific questions to obtain useful info in formulating a diagnosis and providing medical care to a patient
- Medical Health Questionnaire gives rationale for every question asked in the health history questionnaire
Patient Education provides oral health resources for patients
It is available directly from medication, condition, and allergy health facts in the patient sidebar.
- Go to Patient > Dashboard
From the patient sidebar, select a health fact under Allergies, Conditions or Medications
- Select View in Medical Support System
- Browse and select the appropriate search results that have opened in a new tab